Wednesday, December 17, 2008

GOP has its own Obama???

I stumbled across an article in Newsweek this morning that states of all the rising stars in the GOP party, none have attracted as much speculation, curiosity and unapologetic hype as Jindal. He's been called "the most transformative young governor in America" and "the next Ronald Reagan." He's young and passionate about his ideals. He's Catholic. He's NOT a white man. He's an Ivy Leaguer...And by God, he evacuated the hell out of Southern Louisiana when Gustav was lurking out in the Coast. Finally, he has EXPERIENCE (assistant secretary of health and human services and two-term U.S. congressman before becoming the country's first Indian-American governor) which is at least more than some other President Elect I won't name. So, he's definitely someone I will keep my eye on in the upcoming years. Because even though he says he absolutely will not run for President, I recall another prominent political figure saying the same thing about four years ago. Louisiana is very near and dear to my heart--so what he does with her will make him or break him, at least in my book.

0 comments: