Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Paris Hilton for President

Not such a bad idea. From a blog posted on Washington Wire: "The spot switches then to Hilton, clad in a leopard-print bathing suit, gold heels and pigtails, lounging on a lawn chair. “Hey America, I’m Paris Hilton and I’m a celebrity too – only I’m not from the olden days and I’m not promising change like that other guy,” she says to the camera. “I’m just hot.” It gets better: “But then that wrinkly white guy used me in his campaign ad, which I guess means I’m running for president. So thanks for the endorsement, white-haired dude. And I want America to know that I’m, like, totally ready to lead.” Then, Hilton describes a simplified version of the two candidates’ energy plans before pitching her own. “Why don’t we do a hybrid of both candidates’ ideas?” she says, “That way the offshore drilling carries us until the new technologies kick in, which will then create new jobs and energy independence. Energy crisis solved,” she says, concluding: “I’ll see you at the debates, b—–s.” The spot ends with her take on the standard advertising-approval disclosure. “I’m Paris Hilton and I approve this message ‘cause I think it’s totally hot.” McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds issued this response: “It sounds like Paris Hilton supports John McCain’s ‘all of the above’ approach to America’s energy crisis — including both alternatives and drilling. Paris Hilton might not be as big a celebrity as Barack Obama, but she obviously has a better energy plan.” http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/?s=Paris+Hilton These days it seems politicians would rather be celebrities walking down the red carpet than leaders of our nation. Scary thought isn't it? What if Jane Fonda (who turned American soliders into the Vietnamese army for trying to pass off a message back to the States through her) had been as influential as some of these mere celebrities are these days. It seems that if you have starred in one box office hit, you are then entitled to tell the country how they should eat, drink, sleep, act and vote. I should try to make it as a lead role in the next Batman movie...maybe then I could talk some sense into these people, brainwashed by the idea of living life in luxury. What if people really did base their vote from the opinions of socialites like Paris (and Paris actually comes from a Repulican family, so I'm not necessarily knocking HER, persay)? What do they know about living as a lower, lower-middle or middle class citizen in this country? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I truly, truly hope that the majority of voters wake up before this is all said and done. Otherwise, we'll have Arnold as Governor in California and the "The Symbol of Hope and Change" (gag) leading our nation...(have I ever mentioned that he is a rookie in the US Senate?!?!) Ahhhh.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

thx to McCain’s miscalculation, she’ll be selling more cans of wine than ever