Friday, August 1, 2008

TGI (A) F


T=Thank

G=Goodness

I=It's

(A)=Almost

F=Football Season!!


I have a confession to make. As much as I try to come off as a girly girl--I do have one tomboy weakness. A serious one. That borders on obsession. That would be College Football and the NFL. Seriously, I can watch 10 games on Saturday...turn the tv on Sunday and stay in bed and watch 3-4 games. That totals a possible 13-14 games in one weekend.


My boy says that must be why we're so compatible! (he's beyond obsessed)


I follow the SEC. I will not reveal which is my team b/c that would just give you way too much information about me--but I think the SEC is just the most wonderful conference in the whole nation!! Have you ever been to a tailgate? The Grove in Oxford, MS, War Memorial Golf Course in Little Rock, Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, I could go on and on...if you've never experienced it, I highly recommend putting that on your bucket list. "Attend a SEC tailgate." If you're going to attend a SEC football game, I highly recommend going to a big rivalry game. LSU/FL/GA/TN...those always prove to be interesting!--(ok, I've revealed an obvious hint---I'm OBVIOUSLY partial to the SEC West.)


Example--at the LSU/GA game in 2004 (LSU hosted at Tiger Stadium) the fans were talking smack to each other (as they always do). It was reported that one Georgia fan took it a bit too far and angered a mob of Tigers. Well, they took matters into their own hands, picked the accused Bulldog fan up, threw him in a port a potty, locked him in and went into the stadium. Leaving him. In the port a potty. The whole football game. Poor guy!


I'd have to say, in my experience, that the smaller schools are much more cordial with their guests. I've never really seen an Arkansas fan be nasty to the opposing school. Ole Miss fans are pretty well mannered as well. But they have the Grove. And it's awesome.

As for the NFL--I will reveal my allegiance, but that is because I don't have to live in its city to be an avid fan (and I don't). I heart the New Orleans Saints. With every ounce of my being. My dogs have Saints jerseys. My life revolves around their schedule come football season. (I'm not exaggerating...I base when I'm going to go to church, be it Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning or Sunday night based on when the Saints play on Sunday).


If you have never checked out the atmosphere that surrounds a football game (especially here in the South) I highly recommend it. Good food, friends, family and your team of choice. You can never go wrong. The atmosphere is truly indescribable.


So here's to football season that is right around the corner...

0 comments: