Friday, October 17, 2008

Where are the answers?

I don't know. Maybe it's just me...but did anyone feel like their questions were answered at that last debate? Healthcare? Ok. So, Joe the Plumber, with his less that $250K profit/year small business will NOT get fined if he chooses to opt out of the "O's" fabulous universal healthcare plan. And me, the average American, that has a pretty darned good (had to quote Mrs. Palin) healthcare plan through my employer, will not get fined for choosing to opt out of the nightmare (and inevitable) HMO universal healthcare plan that the "O" is proposing. But what about MY employer? Will HE get fined for opting out of the universal plan? That was never answered. And yes, my employer makes well over $250K profit/year with his company. So, ok, I won't get fined. Ok. But...IF my employer gets fined (and what is the $ amount of that fine?) for choosing to stay with our current plan--will he decide to take us all to the Universal Plan, that Bob the Loser gets for free, to avoid that fine? I am sorry--but I work hard for my money (and I THOUGHT I was born into a country that just gave me my rights) and I do NOT want the government telling me (or my employer) how I should get health coverage. Foreign Policy. Ha. Ok--so there were some good "ideas" for "fixing" this planet. How much is THAT going to cost? And why no apologies for the negative campaigning? Why no explanation of having the highest spending campaign in the history of the US? If you spend money like that NOW, what the hell are you going to do with the kind of money you'd have access to as President of the US?

0 comments: