Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Oh Progress. And Hope. And Change.

Posted by obamamammy on 02/18/09 at 1:39PM at www.nola.com

"All I know is that Obama is gettin me and my folks some money. Bush aint did nothing for us blaack folks, and now its our turn. I dont need to work, my ancesters worked hard enuf for nuthing. Now its time we get what our grandparents payed for 200 years ago. Live with it and get use to the new USofA!!!!"

And they honestly think giving MORE money to people like this is going to make this country PROGRESS??? I'd be humiliated if I were the President, who ran on Hope and Change and Acceptance, and this is what my voters were saying...

2 comments:

nanc said...

there was also a black lady who right after pobama was elected went into a starbucks or something and said to the little gal behind the counter, "how's it feel to be the slave?" (paraphrased)

Southern Girl said...

that mentality is what prevents certain people from accomplishing anything. As I stated to this nice lady, I was not a slave owner, my parents were not, nor my grandparents, great grandparents...ancestors. Therefore, I WILL not work so YOU can sit and do nothing. BTW...wouldn't her grandparents be disappointed after all the work they did during the Civil Rights Movement?

It's kind of like being a woman and saying, "I'm not going to vote because you horrible men were mean to my great grandmothers."