Friday, September 4, 2009

I Pledge

While watching the below video, excerpts from 1984 kept popping up in my mind.

What do you think about the President addressing the schools on Tuesday?

Huckabee brought up a really good point on a morning radio show this morning--the White House is saying the President is addressing students to tell them to stay in school, don't drop out, etc. BUT--it is highly likely that the "students" he is wanting to address won't be in school. AND...lots of major cities (LA, NY, etc.) are not having class on Tuesdays. He's going after middle America. Nice. I must admit--I would have had a field day with the lesson plan that the White House distributed.

I pledge to stick to my conservative values and do everything in my power to keep this nation the democracy that its founders invisioned. I pledge to be a loyal and devoted citizen of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

P.S. Have you heard the one where the PRO-healthcare reform dude bit of the CON-healthcare reform dudes finger? I can't decide if I find it humorous or disgusting that the initial reports were that the biter was an opponent to reform. Man, they're doing everything they can to destroy the anti-Obamacare movement, aren't they? Too bad--the guy that LOST his finger was actually in the opposition.

1 comments:

Moogie P said...

The White House is back-pedalling and tap-dancing to beat the band on the speech thing. I'm certain it's been re-written to be nothing more than a rah-rah-stay-in-school-and-go-to-college thing, but it had, and still has, some very dangerous potential.

The video made me want to engage in a little projectile vomiting.