Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Freedom of Speech Only Applies...

Well, posting once a month is unacceptable and I deeply apologize. I will try to be more proactive with this blog--but I simply can't help but let the smell of fall and football just around the corner distract me from my obligations. Because, in case you haven't noticed...I love football. But enough about that. I do my daily reading of news stories (if you can call it that--"news"), and I check on my favorite blogs for updates and I find myself AMAZED at what some people will let this current administration and its goonies get away with.

Flag@whitehouse.gov? Seriously? Hey little ones, if you hear your mommy and daddy talking bad about our President or his policies, please let your good White House know. Remind you of anything else? Please note when that link was published. Yes--I saw (like many of you) the potential of similarities long before we elected this man into office. I say "we" in the most general sense of the word.

It's only proper to dissent when you disagree with W? But don't you dare oppose Obama and his goons. Never mind that they're trying to ram through legislation that our representatives have admitted to not reading (I don't think a link is necessary--as we've all seen the reports). I think one of my favorite quotes thus far comes from Dan Jeror (h/t John Hawkins at Townhall.com), "Why would you guys try to stuff a health care bill down our throats in three to four weeks when the President took six months to pick out a dog for his kids?" Ummm. Good question.

As I sit hear and ponder today's politics, I honestly get sick to my stomach that there are actually people that are accepting this type of behavior. Organizing for America is grassroots? Please. I pray daily that more and more Americans wake up to what is happening and let these fools know in D.C. that we are ON TO THEM. We are not a monarchy--and just because you're a Washington bureaucrat does NOT mean that you are better than me--so get over this Marie Antoinette attitude. My friends--I can only pray that we show up at the polls with fury and rage come November 2010 and let these bureaucrats know just who IS the boss in this good ol' USA.

I wish more than anything I could head to Washington on September 12th...but with stuff going on in my personal life and you know, my JOB (that apparently I am simply working to pay for Joe Blow the LOSER), I am unable to get away. I hope that some of you are able to make it. We need a STRONG showing to let D.C. know. We're not messing around anymore.

So--my hiatus has resulted in a long rant. I will try my very best to do some research and post more than once a month from here on out. Maybe The General will contribute, too? (hint, hint)

2 comments:

Bob A. said...

"but I simply can't help but let the smell of fall and football just around the corner distract me from my obligations. Because, in case you haven't noticed...I love football."

My son will be talking non stop with a young service leader in our local supermarket. Melissa is an avid Giants fan as is my son. He is Down Syndrome and during the season they just talk football. Very good for him and touching that someone takes the time. Sometimes customers will listen, smile and join in. A lot of good out there that we never hear about.

Moogie P said...

Good for Melissa, Bob! I'm sure she enjoys having an aavid fan to talk football with, too!

Yep, SG. I wish I could be in D.C. on 9/12, too. But I WILL be able to attend our local 9/12 Rally and Picnic with, hopefully, a huge crowd.

And never stop writing those folks whose head stays in the clouds inside the Beltway. Remind them that we remember and we vote!