Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Race Card

In a Rassmussen Report released on Wednesday, 9/16/09 it was reported that 12% Say Most Opponents of Obama Health Care Plan Are Racist. 67% of voters disagree and 21% are not sure. The fact that 12% are so ignorant that they will follow/listen/believe the liberal party so blindly to believe that this is actually about race makes me sick to my stomach.

In an interview with Brian Williams on Tuesday, 9/15/09 (see Realclearpolitics.com), former President Jimmy Carter stated that an "overwhelming portion" of similar demonstrations [opposing Obamacare] are rooted in bigotry. I'm not sure how to respond to this accusation. A former president (lower case on purpose) calling a LARGE, LARGE group of Americans racist because they happen to oppose the current President's policies? Maybe he's just angry because everybody has been comparing the current administration to his failing four years. Where oh where is our Reagan?!??!

On Facebook, every single day, there is some claim of racism in the opposition to President Obama. To keep the peace, I bite my tongue--but I'm not sure how much longer I can do it. Definitely not for another 3.5 years (give or take).

And of course-if Hillary Clinton was our prez instead of Barack Obama, (still trying to ram through ridiculous bills) we'd simply have to replace all the claims of racism with claims of sexism. We'd still get a card chunked at us every time anyone opposed any liberal ideas. The media makes me sick. My liberal friends that love the race card make me sick.

I don't know about you but I am getting very, very tired of the race card. I pray every day that it is used so much it becomes like the story of the Little Boy that cried wolf.

I can see it now--"Sit down little Johnny and let me tell you about the story of the Liberal that cried Racism."

1 comments:

The General said...

Playing the race card is wrong and troubling for several reasons. First, it's dishonest - typically a defensive maneuver for distraction or blame-shifting - to wheedle a more favorable outcome through false accusation.
It is also dangerous and shortsighted. Like the boy who cried wolf, people who too frequently cry racism are unlikely to be taken seriousl when a predator actually emerges from the woods. Doing so places all claims of racism, valid or phony, under a cloud of suspicion. Finally, playing the race card is mean-sprited. Racism is a serious charge - it ruins careers and destroys reputations. When warranted, it should. But when trumped up, the charge of racism is a particularly vicious slander, used too frequently by those (M. Dowd, J. Carter) who should and do know better.
To his credit, Obama said he was black when elected, deflecting this on a personal level. To his lasting detriment, he lets everyone else make such claims without setting the record straight. See "The Race Card, Richard Thompson Ford (2008)