Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cold is Ridiculous.

That is why I live in the South. If I wanted to be cold, I'd move up North. But not to Maine or South Dakota.
"MONTPELIER, Vt. - Bone-chilling cold settled in Thursday from the Midwest to the Northeast Thursday, bringing teeth-chattering misery with temperatures that sank as low as 47 below zero.
In some places, the temperature was the lowest in years, including Chicago, where it was 11 below zero at O'Hare International Airport Thursday morning. It was the coldest daytime temperature in a more than a decade.
In Pollock, S.D., which dropped to a record-setting 47 below zero, Todd Moser, who works at a gas station, said it took about 10 minutes before the gas pumps started working. (source)"
Not sure if I can take too much more of this warming that's happening. The lows in NEW ORLEANS are even reaching below freezing!
Crazy.
....and I STILL can't figure out what my blog formatting is doing...anyone??? Why isn't it adding spaces between paragraphs?!?!?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Gotta go along with you about the whole cold thing -- I live in New Orleans and had to wear both a heavy jacket and SOCKS to go do a little shopping in the Quarter a few days ago.

And I'm having space/paragraph issues, too. What's up with that?