Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Taxes? What Taxes?

Does anyone else have a problem with the fact that the guy that is about to be the Secretary of Treasury had back taxes? That he "accidentally" didn't pay Social Security for four years while working at IMF? That he is about to manage the Social Security and Medicare funds and has in the past neglected to contribute to these funds? (source)
I have a severe problem with this revelation. I also have a problem that the Senate is writing it off as a "common mistake." (source) Yeah, maybe this is a "common mistake" for the "common American," but come on...if your job is about money and TAX DOLLARS, shouldn't you know that you have to pay Social Security, even when self-employed? (or maybe paying into SS and Medicare is my job and yours...though I sure don't make enough to pay for his family members living off either or).
$34,000 + in back taxes. What's he going to do once he's hanging out in the Treasury? Take your money? Probably. Just don't ask him to contribute his own.
I was almost there. I was almost ready to accept that Obammy will be the next President.
Then this came up (among other things). I am just NOT ok with the fact that someone (exum...TREASUREY) in the Cabinet failed to pay his own taxes...
So, let's go back to square one. I don't trust Obama. I don't trust the majority of his Cabinet and I'm terrified that the "Change" we were all promised will run this country even further into the ground.
Has there ever been a President-Elect with so much scandal PRIOR to his first Inauguration? Maybe I'm just too young, but I sure don't remember any?!?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my husband and I were discussing this today! BLECH!

Anonymous said...

Not only that, but he also received a reimbursement from his company for the taxes he didn't pay! So not only did he not pay them, but his company compensated him for the taxes he did not pay!

Imagine if this were a Republican.

Southern Girl said...

If he were a Republican he'd be stoned to death on the steps of the Capital.

Love Double Standards. Love 'em.