Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ann Coulter

Last Tuesday, Ann Coulter lost her mother. This morning, she posted an article about about the amazing woman she called mommy. The article is touching and brought tears to my eyes. You can read it here.

I offer my deepest consolences to Ann and her family as they grieve the loss of their mother.

I bring this article up on my blog today not to be sympathetic--but rather to be enraged. The comments section of her article is not, I believe, the place to express this outrage, so I'm bringing it here to Bless Our Hearts.

Ann is a bigger person than I am for posting such a touching, personal moment on such a public forum. She posted the article knowing that the unkind souls would come and speak such heinous words to her while she is mourning. I wouldn't have had that kind of bravery--and probably would be trying to hunt down the thugs that trash talked me or my mother if I were in Ann's situation.

I don't care what your political beliefs are--or whether you agree with Ann Coulter's views or not. How someone can be so heartless, so soul-less and post nasty comments directed to Ann on this day is beyond me. The leftists/liberals/dems, whatever you want to call them, call themselves the party of "tolerance" yet come and post comments to a grieving daughter as if they have no soul. That is not the kind of Utopia I'm looking for...

If I were to ever have had a chance to reason with those people, that chance is gone. Even when people I oppose politically pass away, I stop and send a prayer the way of their family and for their soul. For someone to outright insult Ann is beyond disgusting. It's vulgar and repulsive and I have no doubt has disappointed our Father. Whether they believe or not--their day will come.

0 comments: