Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dear Congressman X

Dear Congressman X:

I have sat idly by for far too long. Your statement released yesterday is the final straw on the camel's back. I have voted for you for the very last time--as you seem to have little to no regard for your constituents and what they need/want/believe. For that, I am disgusted and ashamed that I have EVER cast a ballot for your name.

Yesterday you released a statement which included this: "...it's very clear that these events are being set up to attack President Obama..."

First, these events are not set up to attack Obama. These events are set up to demonstrate against YOU and your fellow Congressmen and Senators that have been signing bills left and right without even reading them. This is beyond taxes. This is to show you that we are on to the power hungry and greediness that has ruled Washington for FAR TOO LONG.

These events are set up to let YOU know that we are tired of YOUR actions. We, your constituents, are tired of your automated responses to emails, letters or phone calls. We voted you in to office to represent US, not your pet projects and special interests.

Furthermore, using the word, "attack" was probably not your best choice. There is no attack on anyone. This is not about Bush. This is not about Obama. THIS is about our Federal government that has become power hungry and greedy, i.e. YOU.

Please do not forget that you do hail from a RED STATE and that we WILL find a better candidate to vote you out.

I KNOW you did not read the Stimulus bill, yet voted for it anyway. How disappointing. How do YOU justify spending and spending and spending? Did you not take ECON 101? Do not spend what you do not have.

From this day forward you will receive a letter from me once a month. I will send these letters to REMIND you that you are in Washington, D.C. to represent me and my fellow citizens...NOT your special interests and pet projects. Take the politics out of your game and you may save face. Continue on the path you're on and I will ensure that everyone I know and speak to understands that you are just another politician and you WILL NEVER receive my vote again.

Sincerely,

Southern Girl

2 comments:

Moogie P said...

One of the Senators from Illinois posted a similar comment on her OFFICIAL website using very similar language. http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/il09_schakowsky/pr_teaparties_04_15_09.shtml

The Illinois Senator’s statement is delusional. Unfortunately, she is not alone. The Representative from the Second District of Arkansas was quoted on a local Little Rock tv station using words nearly identical to the Senator’s. This shows me that there’s an organized anti-T.E.A. Party counter-operation growing in the Democratic party, and that we will have to ramp up our efforts before Congress goes into its next voting frenzy. Write them, call them, email them, then do it again the next week. Write to the editors of your local paper, and national media outlets. Don’t lose your outrage! Ours is truly a non-partisan effort and we must not allow ourselves to be maligned or mischaracterized.

You go, Southern Girl!

Bob A. said...

I went for a short time to the tea party in Kingston, NY (the first capital of NY). Everyone was respectful and were very peaceful and talkative (unlike most left wing protests). I put up a few pictures on my site and have received many more which I will put up on a page and link to. I talked to the organizer Tom and I believe they are planning another protest on July 4th.
Bob A.